Click HERE to download the flyer.
The 2017 Four Seasons Festival parade entry form is available!
Click HERE to download the form and get your entry submitted today.
Registration is now open for the 8th annual Polk City Four Seasons Festival 5k/8k races on Saturday, July 15th! We are once again pleased to offer an affordable, family-friendly event for all ages and ability levels to promote Polk City and our annual Four Seasons Festival. If you plan to join us, you may register now using the following link:
Or feel free to print and complete the PDF registration form below and mail it in.
We want to highlight a number of items for 2017:
· We’ll keep our exciting and spectator friendly downhill sprint to the finish line – participants loved it so we will keep it!
· Our race entry fees continue to be among the lowest in the metro and are structured to encourage family participation
· Women’s fit race shirt (please note that these run small)
· Friday packet pick up incentive
· Medals for 5k/8k age group winners
· Cash prizes for top finishers
· Early-bird registration entry fee
· High quality performance cotton race shirt guaranteed for early entrants
· Free kids races (ages 3-8) with prizes for all finishers
· Post-race food and beverage
Check out our Four Seasons 5k/8k Facebook page and we hope you will join us in Polk City for another great event!
Scott Patterson and Andrew Minear
5k/8k Co-Race Directors
Polk City Four Seasons Festival
8th Annual 8K Run and 5K Run/Walk
Polk City Four Seasons Festival
8k Run and 5k Run/Walk
July 15th, 2015 7:30 AM
3rd and Broadway, Polk City, IA
3.1 miles of rolling hills through town.
Includes much of the rolling 5k course plus two miles of scenic running along the paved trail and foot bridges adjacent to Saylorville Lake
Early Registration Fee by 7/4/17:
$25 individual fee or $25 for first two family members and $15 for additional members
Late Registration Fee after 7/4/17:
$30 individual fee or $30 for first two family members and $20 for additional members
Entry must be postmarked by 7/4/2017 to guarantee a race shirt
Polk City Community Center
309 W Van Dorn Street or 1 block west of town square
July 14th from 5:00 – 8:00 PM, July 15th until 7:00 AM
For 5K/8K specific questions:
Kids Fun Run
When: July 15th 8:45am
Where: 1 block East of town square on Broadway
*Sign up during Friday evening or Saturday morning packet pickup (signed permission/waiver form required for all participants)
Kids race will be broken into age groups. 3 & 4 year olds; 5 to 8 year olds. Oldest group will be running half a mile and the younger group running shorter distance.
For Kids Fun Run questions:
Contact: Mark Jungmann
The Four Seasons Festival Scavenger Hunt winners.
Back row: 1st Place winners Cole Halupnick, Jillian Halupnick, Jadyn Halupnick, and 3rd Place winner Tracy Selof; Front row: Mayor Jason Morse, 1st Place winners Jacie Halupnick, Eli Kelly, Jack Kelly, and 2nd Place winner Susan Lentsch.
The correct answers to the questions are as follows:
History of Polk City questions:
1. George AND Hester Beebe
5. Bad Boy Bench
6. Native Black Walnut
8. Jason Morse
10. Cupp Insurance
1. Big Creek Marina
2. The Mary Tree, 1021 3rd Street
3. North Polk West Elementary School
4. City Hall entrance
5. Time to Shine car wash
6. Polk City Sports Complex
7. Founders of Polk City Beebe Cemetery, 313 E. Broadway
8. Papa’s Pizza
9. Reising Sun Café above the pastry counter
10. Water tower at Miller Park
11. Cupp Insurance (they also have this article framed)
12. Tournament Club of Iowa
13. Marina Cove Park
14. 305 and 306 Tradition Drive in TCI Development
15. Kiwanis Park
We appreciate the interest in the Scavenger Hunt and look forward to another contest next year.
Shari Miller Photography did an excellent job of catching the fun and excitement of the Four Seasons Festival. Check out some of the pictures from the Four Seasons Festival.
Join us for the ALL NEW Scavenger Hunt this year at the Four Seasons Festival.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5:00 pm, SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2016.