Click HERE to download the flyer.
Registration is now open for the 8th annual Polk City Four Seasons Festival 5k/8k races on Saturday, July 15th! We are once again pleased to offer an affordable, family-friendly event for all ages and ability levels to promote Polk City and our annual Four Seasons Festival. If you plan to join us, you may register now using the following link:
Or feel free to print and complete the PDF registration form below and mail it in.
We want to highlight a number of items for 2017:
· We’ll keep our exciting and spectator friendly downhill sprint to the finish line – participants loved it so we will keep it!
· Our race entry fees continue to be among the lowest in the metro and are structured to encourage family participation
· Women’s fit race shirt (please note that these run small)
· Friday packet pick up incentive
· Medals for 5k/8k age group winners
· Cash prizes for top finishers
· Early-bird registration entry fee
· High quality performance cotton race shirt guaranteed for early entrants
· Free kids races (ages 3-8) with prizes for all finishers
· Post-race food and beverage
Check out our Four Seasons 5k/8k Facebook page and we hope you will join us in Polk City for another great event!
Scott Patterson and Andrew Minear
5k/8k Co-Race Directors
Polk City Four Seasons Festival
8th Annual 8K Run and 5K Run/Walk
Polk City Four Seasons Festival
8k Run and 5k Run/Walk
July 15th, 2015 7:30 AM
3rd and Broadway, Polk City, IA
3.1 miles of rolling hills through town.
Includes much of the rolling 5k course plus two miles of scenic running along the paved trail and foot bridges adjacent to Saylorville Lake
Early Registration Fee by 7/4/17:
$25 individual fee or $25 for first two family members and $15 for additional members
Late Registration Fee after 7/4/17:
$30 individual fee or $30 for first two family members and $20 for additional members
Entry must be postmarked by 7/4/2017 to guarantee a race shirt
Polk City Community Center
309 W Van Dorn Street or 1 block west of town square
July 14th from 5:00 – 8:00 PM, July 15th until 7:00 AM
For 5K/8K specific questions:
Kids Fun Run
When: July 15th 8:45am
Where: 1 block East of town square on Broadway
*Sign up during Friday evening or Saturday morning packet pickup (signed permission/waiver form required for all participants)
Kids race will be broken into age groups. 3 & 4 year olds; 5 to 8 year olds. Oldest group will be running half a mile and the younger group running shorter distance.
For Kids Fun Run questions:
Contact: Mark Jungmann
Back by popular demand, Game On Video Game Trailer! Check out this great FREE activity on both Friday and Saturday.
We’re setting up great FREE activities for you and your kids to enjoy all weekend at the Four Seasons Festival in Polk City, Iowa. Check out the schedule for more details.
Four Seasons Festival Parade
Start Date: July 15, 2017 – Start Time: 10:00 AM
Parade Entries Must Be Received Prior to July 8, 2017.
Click HERE to download the parade registration form.
THEME: To Be Determined
DATE OF PARADE: Saturday, July 15, 2017
ASSEMBLY TIME & LOCATION: You will be notified of your parade staging number prior to the parade day. Please report to assigned area no later than 9:00 am
TIME OF PARADE: We will begin moving at 10:00 am Sharp! We will not wait!
PARADE ROUTE: To Be Determined
AWARDS: Awards will be given to the top three entries.
JUDGING CRITERIA: Each entry will be judged based on compliance with the following four categories:
Spaces Available: Unlimited
PARADE SAFETY RULES
Having a safe and enjoyable parade is our primary concern and we appreciate your cooperation with the parade rules:
- No throwing of candy or other objects from the parade vehicle will be allowed. Walkers may hand out the candy or items along the parade route. Candy throwing has presented a safety hazard and hindered the steady procession of floats.
- No water paraphernalia such as water guns, super soakers, hoses, etc. will be allowed.
- Entries are strictly limited to one vehicle/trailer.
- All entries with animals must be pre-approved and provide “scoopers” directly following the entry.
- All vehicle drivers must be licensed drivers
- Drivers are not permitted to use their Cell Phones for calls or texting during the parade.